Here are the repairs and modifications we made to Georgia J while in New Zealand:
Replaced diesel generator (found cracked piston when old engine was
being rebuilt) with 50% more horsepower and dual alternators.
Had rigger inspect standing and running rigging.
Removed boom and modified reefing system.
Replaced selected lifelines
Replaced selected running and standing rigging
stainless stanchion bent during Puddle Jump
Replaced steering cable and pulley
Installed a second battery charger in order to use 50 Hz electricity outside the USA
Cleaned fuel tanks and polished fuel
Installed fuel polishing filters and hoses to enable
transfer of fuel between any tank in order to isolate contaminated fuel.
Installed new man overboard alarm system in order to track crew continuously
while at sea.
Regalvanized anchor chain and replaced rode damaged in American Samoa.
For main Yanmar engine, we removed and reconditioned
injectors, replaced the alternator, cleaned the oil and sea water heat exchangers along with other routine maintenance.
dodger canvas and replaced cover
Cleaned and refurbished dingy. (We learned that it is actually white, not gray.)Maintenance check and repaired outboard engine.
and repacked man overboard module
Removed, inspected and repaired all sails
Replaced primary bilge pump.
Rebuilt Racor fuel filters
Rebedded leaking windows and deck fittings
Replaced damaged teak plugs in deck
Replaced windlass and replaced battery cables (in
sanitation hoses and rebuilt toilet
Hauled boat out and painted bottom
Removed rudder and inspected shaft
Replaced dripless shaft seal
Removed traveler to find rainwater leak
Varnished outside teak (to be done)
Repaired, waxed and polished all areas above the waterline
Cleaned, scrubbed and inspected lots of other systems!