After agonizing for months on how to get Georgia J back to San Francisco, we have decided to leave her
in Puerto Vallarta when Kim goes back to work on April 1st. We have secured a slip at Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. For our friends also considering how to get home, the factors leading us to
this decision were>
1. Going up the Baja Pennisula
is never fun, particularly at this time of year.
No one was eager to crew the return. Did they know something we did not know?
3. We have no slip in San Francisco. Summer slips are cheaper in Puerto Vallarata than San Francisco.
4. Work done on the boat is cheaper than in the Bay Area.
5. There are direct 3 hour flights to Puerto Vallarta. The marina is
15 minutes from the airport.
6. We have effectively
extended the fun part of our trip by one month.
Puerto Vallarta is considered a safe hurricane hole by insurance companies. PV has never suffered a direct hit, apparently
due to the mountains a Cabo Corrientes.
8. We like
9. We never want to wear foulies again.
Now, I wonder how much an air conditioning system will cost for Georgia J?